Thursday, August 14, 2008

Your Coach says -- Take A Vacation!


I spent last week with my family on Hilton Head Island. It was hot but wonderful. Vacations are such a wonderful thing. It is a chance to step back and reflect on where you are going with your life, and your business. To take some time and think back on what you have accomplished in the last year and what you need to work on.

My wife and I spent several evenings taking a long walk on the beach. The evenings were beautiful. The ocean was calm, the sand smooth and the breeze wonderful. It was very relaxing and helped me open my mind and remove all the clutter that gets in the way during our day-to-day work world. I recommend it for everyone!

As a coach, one of the things my partner, Ralph Berge, and I always recommend for our clients is to take some time off and get away from the hustle and bustle of your daily existence. Without doing this it is so easy to burn out or to lose touch with what is really important. Even if you can't get to the beach or travel someplace exotic, it is still critical to get away. Take at least a week where you do not show up at the office and don't attend to the day-to-day business. Clear your mind and re-focus on what you want and what you need to do to get it.

If you are saying, "Boy, I would love to do that but there is no way I can leave my business. If I did that my business would fall apart," then you need to make some changes to your business. Give us a call and let's talk about what is holding you back and how we can help. Vacations are as essential to the success of your business as anything else is.

As your coach I'm giving you the assignment of taking a vacation sometime before the end of the year -- you'll be glad you did.

by Dennis Kelley
Author of Achieving Unlimited Success

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A goal or objective consists of a projected state of affairs which a person or a system plans or intends to achieve or bring about — a personal or organizational desired end-point in some sort of assumed development. Many people endeavor to reach goals within a finite time by setting deadlines.
-------------------------------
Davis.

How to Retain Your Super Star Managers