Monday, September 17, 2007

Sometimes the Underdog Wins


I've been a Cleveland Browns fan for as long as I knew what a football was. The last several years (ok many years) its been difficult to be a Browns fan. The team has under performed each year and the fans just keep getting more restless all the time. I have to admit that includes me. I find myself expecting the Browns to lose before a game even starts. The start of this season certainly didn't give me much hope things were going to change. They lost the first game in a bad way and they had just made a big quarterback change after the first game of the season. More changes were sure to follow.


Yesterday, the Browns played the in-state rival Cincinnati Bengals. Before the game I told my wife I wasn't even sure I should watch as I EXPECTED the Browns would lose and lose badly. But, as any true fan does, I turned on the game and settled in to watch. It was an offensive battle the whole game and the two teams racked up a total of 95 points - one of the highest scoring games in recent NFL history. Much to my surprise the Browns won the game - 51 to 44. Going in they were the underdogs that very few people expected would win.


After the game it hit me that sometimes the underdog does win, in football and in life. If you ever get to the point were you feel your business is the underdog and you have been struggling to get ahead lately, don't give up hope. Maybe you are the underdog today, but if you are open to making some changes in the business and focus on a positive outcome you too can come out the victor. There's no reason you can't have a winning streak that takes you to new levels of success if you believe you can, are open to change and stay focused.


Who knows maybe even the Browns are going to start a winning streak for all us fans! Hey, a guy can dream can't he? Stay focused, stay positive and work on a plan of change and good things will happen.

No comments: