Thursday, August 16, 2007

Teachers Who Impacted You the Most...



The other day I had the opportunity to see how one of my kids has been positively impacted by a teacher - and I began to think about teachers and mentors who have impacted my life...



As I thought about teachers and coaches I had all the way through school - including college - I realized that the number of teachers who made a significant impact on my life was small but the effect they've had on me has been huge. In most cases the subject they taught in no way related to the lessons I learned; the impact was more about beliefs about who I am and the potential for doing great things if I truly committed to making myself better.

Take some time to think about the teachers you've had - whether in school, business or friends who push you to be better. Where would you be without them? What kind of person would you have become if you didn't have their influence in your life? Do you need a new a new teacher, mentor or coach to take you to the next level?

Food for thought...

No comments: